Lesson 7 assignemnt entry….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

Here are my two photos…They were both taken outdoor with completely natural light…

This first is the diffused lighting via complete cloud cover…

This second one is harsh direct light with no cloud cover…

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

These are both very well done shots. The professional quality of your photographs is becoming more and more noticeable. Both photographs are quite different from each other and each has a very distinct tone.

The first soft lighting picture is slightly more interesting to me because there is more to look at. You’ve chosen a great location for the model and the colors in her clothes and in the background match very well. Not only that but her position, facial expression and wardrobe all work very well together to create a harmonious and coherent image. All of that being considered, there is still a sense of simplicity to this photograph which is amazing considering you’re shooting outdoors.

My only concern with the soft lighting image is that the composition could be slightly more organized. The model is located just off center and her head is partially in the window of the left side of the door and partially in the center. You’ve also included just slightly more of the right side of the door than the left. I also can see the shadows of the door handle on the top wall of the photograph. These are all very subtle distractions, and you might not want to consider the lopsidedness of it a distraction at all. I just wanted to bring it to your attention so you can make conscious decisions in the future with regards to your model positioning and background framing.

Other than that, I think both are great shots that highlight your understanding of lighting! Well done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.