lesson 8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lizzy
    Participant

This was taken spur of the moment while my boyfriend was doing a few sit ups. He made this weird motion that I actually thought was captured so pretty in the shadow along side of him.I do have a problem with the cut off at his stomach area ,how can I rectify that in future photographs?
    I asked him to cover his face because I wanted to focus on his arms and hands. I think it may have been a bit better in my mind as sometimes it can be. Thankyou.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Wow! This is a fantastic photograph. Great work.

I don’t the waist crop is awkward at all. Depending on the position, it may look awkward, but generally you’ll crop where it makes most sense and based on your creative preferences. Generally try to avoid cropping at the neck, wrists, elbows and ankles, but there are even expectations to those rules.

The composition of the shot is fantastic. My only concern with the shot is the little object in the upper right hand corner of the frame. It’s unidentifiable and distracting in my opinion. I would consider cropping the image a little higher, or using Photoshop to erase that object.

The rest of the composition is fantastic. The upside down perspective is unique and his hands on his face is a very unique and beautiful pose. His fingers intertwined while covering his face and the triangular shapes his arms create help give this image a very creative edge.

In fact, I would have liked to see another image focusing on more of a close up of his hands and arms as well. If you’ve never tried to put two images side by side you should try that for one of your next assignments.

To see an example go to:

http://juliakozlov.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/aaa48.jpg?w=300&h=224

Often images that are related to one another look great in this format (with slightly different compositions, angles or coloring).

Great work overall. Love it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.