Lesson 8 – Composition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eleanor
    Participant

Bridge Pillars

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

What a great photograph. From a composition and organization standpoint you’re improving by leaps and bounds. The obvious primary element in this photograph is shape and pattern but you also haven’t ignored the basic rules of composition and the colors in this photograph are breathtaking. This is undoubtedly your best assignment this far.

My only critique of this image is a technical one. Again, when I enlarged this photograph to full size (which is something you’ll want to do with your photographs when you start exhibiting them), you’ll want to ensure they are as crisp and clear as possible.

There is quite a bit of digital pixilation in this photograph. When I enlarge the photograph I noticed small blotches of “fuzz”. This is pixilation and generally speaking looks accidental and unprofessional. Again, it’s hard to tell when the image isn’t enlarged, but nevertheless it makes a difference in smaller formats as well and should be considered no matter how small or large your image is.

Generally speaking it’s avoidable through ISO manipulation. When you’re shooting in the day time use as low of an ISO as possible. Lower ISO speeds of 50 or 100 will create a much crisper look than an ISO of 400 or 800. You can usually find these settings under your “menu” of your digital camera.

Other than that, I really enjoyed exploring this photograph. Great job!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.