Lesson 9 – Black and White

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frederick
    Participant

My submissions for Lesson 9:

2 photos. Again, I always have fun doing these assignments. I hope they meet the criteria.

Fred.

Frederick
    Participant

Here are my photos.

Fred

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hey Fred,

I’m a little behind on these assignments.

I’ll get this to you in the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Fred,

Thanks for sending in another assignment.

First and foremost you have submitted two images that have a mood all onto their own and they are both nice images. Of course there is always room to improve.

The first image has an interesting aspect ratio. Usually that means someone has cropped the image. There is certainly nothing wrong with cropping an image just be aware that an image like this might be hard to print and frame if you’d like to. I tend to use standard aspect ratios when I crop an image.

read more about aspect ratios here…

The photo itself is nice but I want so see the person’s face. I tend not to like images of the backsides of people.

Your image of the staircase is much stronger as a photograph and is one of your best images to date. Your use of lines and patterns here is excellent. Your composition is also quite nice. I even like that you’ve exposed the image such that the center of the frame appears like a blackhole to nowhere…

So your image is quite nice and you’ve got some solid blacks and some good tones. I really like the image. Don’t forget to keep your self out of the image. I think I can see your foot!!

Nice work here Fred!

Onward!

Frederick
    Participant

Thank you so very much for the critique. That is my foot. You don’t miss a thing! I love it!

Also, as I near the end of this course, I was wondering it there is another class to be taken from you. I am learning so much and it has been enjoyable!

Thanks again,

Fred.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Fred,

I am looking into creating more courses yes.

I’ll keep you posted!

Are you on the newsletter for this site?

If not you can go on here:
    http://photographyicon.com/newsletter/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.