March 2011 Photography Competition

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

The competition for March 2011 is beginning today!!

Each students is allowed to upload ONLY 1 photograph for this competition.

COMPETITION THEME – RED

Submit 1 photograph that uses RED as its main visual element. for this competition you need to put thought into creating a blue composition. You can achieve this in camera with natural environments, studio lighting or through editing (or any combination of those things). Our main priority here is that you work with a consistent color palette that uses the color blue as its primary hue.

Don’t forget to use creative elements such as: patterns, spectacle, color grading, wardrobe, make-up, texture etc. Or really anything you can think of.

Good luck. get your submissions in before February 28th, 2011!

The Winner
    I’m not sure what the winner will receive yet. Maybe a gift card to amazon.com or some photography related thing. We’ll see.

To submit your photo click the reply button.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Obviously I can’t win this competition but here is my “entry” to get the contest started:

[attachment=0:377os6ei]red-leaf-and-fingerprint.jpg[/attachment:377os6ei]

Frederick
    Participant

Here is my entry!

Fred.

florentino
    Participant

Here is my entry . Florentino Valdez

MichaelS
    Participant

here we go !

I like the contest a lot ๐Ÿ˜†

Michael

erja kaikkonen
    Participant

Hi,

This is my entry. It is taken at a massive rally in Lebanon yesterday. The photos on the wall are of politicians and journalists assassinated in Lebanon in the past six years.

Erja

Lynn
    Participant

Here is my entry… although, this was taken thru a window at work. The Mother Cardinal Bird was pecking at our window all day! so I waited and waited to get the shot. it’s not as clear as I’d hoped for, but she is none-the-less… a “red” bird! :mrgreen:

Participant

My Daughter, as she always does, threw her shoe on the ground after taking it off. This one ended up on the stone path and it occured to me it might make a good image. Enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜€

Camille
    Participant

From a flower garden in Costa Rica

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great work here guys! After a tough judging process, the winner for this month’s competition is Erja’s Red photo:

[attachment=0:2vluozkx]march-2011-winner.JPG[/attachment:2vluozkx]

Congratulations to Erjal!!!

You have won a $30 dollar gift certificate to Amazon.com

Send me an email to office@photographyicon.com and we’ll go from there Erja.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a photo for this month’s contest! There we’re some great photos submitted.

Next month’s photo competition is already up here.

Go submit your photo now.

erja kaikkonen
    Participant

Wow, this is a surprise, thank you!!

Lynn
    Participant

Great Job Erja!!! congrats!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.