October 2011 Competition Theme: Portrait

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

The competition for October 2011 has begun!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

COMPETITION THEME – Portrait

Each student is allowed to upload ONLY 1 photograph for this competition.

Submit one (or two) photographs that features something to do with theme “Portrait”. For this competition you need to put a bit of thought into creating a nice composition. You can achieve this in camera with natural environments, studio lighting or through editing (or any combination of those things). Our main priority here is that the photo(s) are related to the Portrait theme in some way. You can interpret that however you’d like!

Don’t forget to use creative elements such as: patterns, spectacle, color grading, wardrobe, make-up, texture etc. Or really anything you can think of.

Good luck and get your submissions in before the end of October 2011!

The Winner will receive a gift certificate to Amazon.com

To submit your photo click the reply button!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

As always I cannot win this contest but here is my entry:

The Walker
    [attachment=0:2kqqrjg2]walker.jpg[/attachment:2kqqrjg2]
    This man is literally walking around the world. He has been walking since 1998 and will finish in 2016. I met him on the side of the road in Australia. It wasn’t a very good photo but I will never forget meeting this man.

baltazar
    Participant

I’ll give this competition a shot! This is my nephew, Kaeden. We were on a family vacation at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Love him to death ๐Ÿ˜€

[attachment=1:2kbhtehz]Kaeden.jpg[/attachment:2kbhtehz]

Since you said a photo or two, I’ll add another one since I had a hard time deciding… This is my friend Bill on a climbing trip in Yosemite National park in California.

[attachment=0:2kbhtehz]Bill.jpg[/attachment:2kbhtehz]

Kirk
    Participant

Well I missed last month, sorry about that. Here are my submissions this time. I don’t really like taking people pictures though. ๐Ÿ™‚ The black and white was of my girlfriends daughter that hates getting her picture taken. Notice the look of anger. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sevcat
    Participant

This isn’t a fantastic photo but I love his expression. It makes me think of Clark Kent. He’s dressed like a business man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. ๐Ÿ™‚

Linas
    Participant

My first competition. Be kind. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We were sitting on the steps of a church in Peru and I was watching a little girl shyly explore the square. After a while the girl wandered back and stood looking at her mother to see if all was OK.

Lynn
    Participant

My Portrait… Lets just say, it’s not your every-day portrait. This Gorilla was putting on such a show at our Pittsburgh Zoo! here is my photo for the competition!! have a great day everyone!!! :mrgreen:

Tiffany
    Participant

[attachment=1:244bz7nz]DB Headshot 1_pp-1.JPG[/attachment:244bz7nz]
    [attachment=0:244bz7nz]Derek’s Headshot 065_pp.JPG[/attachment:244bz7nz]
    Two portraits I took of my brother. I love how they each have a completely different feel to them.

Annette
    Participant

Here is my submission for the October competition. My daughter Sarah who is my muse.

Frederick
    Participant

Here is my submission for the photo competition.

Fred.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

and the winner is Kirk’s image:

[attachment=0:3mdqho9b]photo competition october 2011 winner.jpg[/attachment:3mdqho9b]

Nice job Kirk!!!!

Thanks to everyone for submitting your images.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.