Online Portfolio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MichaelS
    Participant

Hi,

It took me some time to get from lesson 11 to 12 but now I have started with the website.

To be honest at this time I am not looking for being a professional photographer but rather share some of the pictures with my friends, family, etc. as many of them live in other countries. So the main idea is to find a mixture between a typical photo-sharing page (I have one on picassa for example), where you just share your photos even if they do not look that nice (or you have just too much of them) and a professional portfolio where you just put the pictures on which you think are good enough to be sold.

In addition you know my hobby is underwater photography so this must be a main area on the page 😉 though I would assume for a professional page I would rather put in some photos taken on weddings for example.

I would appreciate of you could have a look to the site and give me your feedback. Even if this one is not the site of a professional photographer I wanted to show I understood the exercise (hopefully) and pass to lesson 13.

http://www.mymbcn.es

Thanks! 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Michael

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Your online portfolio is ok.

What software are you using to run your website? Have you looked at Photoshelter?

There are some problems with your site. For one there are multiple languages on the website. Some german, some enlish. For a number of reasons I would recommend keeping the language consistent across the website. You have a .es domain which is spanish and you have some german text on your site… It’s confusing for the visitor…

Also every photo is displayed in a pop-up window. Most modern web browsers have pop-up blockers and as a result your website visitors will never see your images! Your website would not work for me and I had to disable my popup blocker…

Your photos should be displayed on your site and not in a pop-up window… Also if I want to send one of your photos to a friend I cannot do this with a popup…

There are no landscape, people, Indian ocean, or animal photographs. So there should not be buttons for these…

Anyway I would highly recommend using a service like photoshelter or smugmug to manage your website.

Whatever the case you have made a good start. You have your own domain name and a website running. You just need to make some improvements to really make it work!

Nice Job Michael!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.