Polarizer filter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oriyomi
    Participant

i like the dark tint the cpl filter gives d sign

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great work.

This is what we were looking for from you for this assignment. We wanted to see you upload an assignment that showed the tasteful, yet sometimes dramatic consequence of using a filter. Your second image is substantially different than your first. The first image is much lighter. However, the yellow and green hues are the only two colors that seem to have been effected. The house has stayed the same.

The thing I would like to see you experiment more with is the process of visual communication. You are showing a great understanding of the technical components of the craft of photography so far, but rather than taking photographs of signs or lights from now on I want you to think about a message. I want your photographs to say something. It could be something subjective like “beauty”. For example, landscape photographs often make audiences aware of the beauty of our world. Another example is portraits which bring out little nuances of a character. In both examples, the messages are different but there is still a message.

What I’ll want to see you do is to bring your knowledge forward and apply it in a creative way. Think about practical uses for particular colors, compositions, shapes, depth of field, movement etc. It requires very quick thinking, but that is the direction I would like to see you go for future assignments.

Great work with this one though. You’re on the right track.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.