Polerizing filter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joe
    Participant

Hello n good day to all.
    I have had fun doing this assignment but have had a hard time choosing 3 photos to submit. These may not be the best of the photos that I have taken but I feel is a good representation of my work.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hello. Great photographs.

For this assignment you only need to submit 1 photograph so we’ll look at your first one as it showcases what was asked from you the with the most clarity.

For starters, congratulations on capturing a well organized image of a large spatial area. Organizing a chaotic scene like this is often very challenging. You’ve managed to tie all of the elements together and organize your shot by using a strong color palette of gradients of blue. This one element alone has helped you tie in the varying elements of land, water, reflection, people and so on.

You’ve also used a small orange highlight to give a warm underscore to a otherwise “cool” image. You can see the orange, not only in the small part of the sunset in the sky but also in some of the clothing of the subject’s in the middle ground.

The main area I think you need to look at with this photograph is the exposure. You’ve lost some details in the dark tones of the photograph so a lot of the texture is lost. However, you’re still a couple of stops of light away from being overexposed. Therefore, it would be wise to capture the image with greater lighting capacity and then if you wanted to turn down the exposure of some of the highlights you could do so in post. However, this would allow you to salvage the detail and texture in the shadows (especially if you used the curve tool in Photoshop).

I know there is a lot of detail and texture in the rock cliffs and the trees of the island which I think could be brought out.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.