red barn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Naomi
    Participant

I didn’t like the tree that was in back of the barn, so with Photoshop Elements, I used the eraser and the clone stamp tool to take it out and replace it with the sky. I also tried to adjust the color, exposure, and sharpness, but not very much.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Fantastic photograph. This is truly incredible work. I really appreciate how you’ve managed to enhance the photograph and make quite major changes, but the impacts are very subtle. Removing elements from a photograph is not an easy task nor is color correcting or playing gracefully with contrast. You’ve managed to do a good job though.

My only concern is with the area you’ve removed the tree from. When I enlarge the photograph I can see very clear lines where you tried to remove the tree. From far away it’s harder to tell, but those lines really stand out when you enlarge the photograph.

I’ve attached a sample that I quickly edited in Photoshop without the same lines. It’s still not perfect, but you’ll see I hid the lines by doing two things.

1. using a larger circular brush size with feathered edges
    and
    2. lowering the “opacity” to 25% to make the changes more subtle.

Give that a try to see the results for yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.