Simple Composition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I was real happy to capture this epic sunset glow, which happens to be an actual photo that I just finished working, that also went perfectly with this assignment! 🙂

I had only minutes to make a good composition and get the proper exposure before the light show was over.

The tree provided a good focal point which went perfectly with the vivid glowing background.

A simple yet powerful composition. Combined with the techniques from the last assignment I made sure to bring in the right colors; to make this photo really make a statement.

Nature has so many ways of expressing such great power, and emotion, in so many ways and forms.

I call this photograph,

“Twilight Embers”

© S.D. Weather & Landscape Fine Art Imaging.

Enjoy! 🙂

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Wow this is excellent. 😀

Here is the EXIF data.
    [attachment=0:3swwtsj9]Twilight Embers EXIF.png[/attachment:3swwtsj9]
    Date Time Original: 2013:02:22 07:42:36
    Exposure Time: 1/15
    F Number: f / 8
    Exposure Program: Manual
    ISO Speed Ratings: 200
    Metering Mode: Pattern
    Flash: Flash did not fire
    Focal Length: 35mm
    White Balance: Manual white balance
    Make: NIKON CORPORATION
    Model: NIKON D3000
    Exif Version:
    Pixel X Dimension: 3872
    Pixel Y Dimension: 2592
    User Comment:
    Date Time Digitized: 2013:02:22 07:42:36
    Subsec Time: 00
    Subsec Time Original: 00
    Subsec Time Digitized: 00
    Exposure Bias: 0.33
    Max Aperture Value: 1.60
    Light Source: Cool white fluorescent (W 3900 – 4500K)
    Sensing Method: One-chip color area sensor
    Custom Rendered: Normal process
    Exposure Mode: 1
    Digital Zoom Ration: 1
    Focal Length In 35mm Film: 52mm
    Scene Capture Type: Landscape
    Contrast: Normal
    Saturation: Normal
    Sharpness: Hard
    Subject Distance Range: Unknown
    ExifIFDPointer: 232
    Orientation: 1
    X Resolution: 72
    Y Resolution: 72
    Resolution Unit: 2
    Date Time: 2013:02:22 23:54:15
    Software: QuickTime 7.6.6

It’s colorful, well composed, and shot well. It’s even in focus which can often be hard to do in these situations!

Given that you like nature and weather photography this is even right up your alley.

The only thing I don’t like about this photograph is the watermark but that’s just my personal preference. If your info is in the EXIF data anyone serious enough about wanting to use the image for something you’ll get paid for will find you. I’m a huge fan of using a creative commons license in photography.

This photograph is simple, elegant, and even colorful.

It’s a little different from what the assignment asked you to achieve but it works and I like it so.

Well done mate!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I was also just thinking one thing with images like this is sometimes you even have to dial down the vibrance of the image a little. They just look too colourful to be even real even though they may be like that IRL.

I’m glad you enjoyed the photograph! 😀

I really wanted to think outside the box with this assignment.

It really was a technical dance trying to get this shot. Struggling with the low light, focusing properly on the image, and on top of that not using a tripod made this one of the more challenging, yet worthwhile shots I have worked on.

I was blessed to be able to get something like this. It’s the most colorful image I have captured yet! The watermark is just there for now. I usually just have it there for some protection especially when I share them with friends and such on my social page. But I will definitely look into Creative Commons now.

Also yes even though the colors in this shot are extremely vivid. I felt like anything less just wouldnt make this shot what it is you know. I really wanted this image to scream beauty! I always want to capture that other world perspective, and I think I nailed it with this shot. 🙂

This was a really great assignment! Really looking foward to lesson 7.

Thanks!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great stuff!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.