Simply color

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn
    Participant

I choose this flower up close to show mostly one color.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great macro photograph.

I’ve noticed you’ve found an opportunity to break the compositional rule of thirds. In this photography you celebrate nature’s ability to create almost perfectly symmetrical shapes with your formal (balanced) composition.

The colors are great, but I feel the texture of the photograph could be enhanced a little bit. Consider playing around with different lighting if possible. Side lighting helps bring out little bits of texture in shots like this and make it look more three dimensional. This shot looks a little “flat” due to the lighting. I’m not sure if this is natural lighting or indoor lighting but try playing around with side lighting and how it can enhance texture. There is a lot of hidden texture in this photograph that you should try to pull out.

Also, although the color is very vivid in this photograph try increasing the color vibrancy just a little bit. You can often do this by using lower ISO speeds, or purposely underexposing your picture by a small fraction. Also some cameras have color settings built in.

I’m looking forward to seeing your next set of photographs!

All the best

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.